My extensive experience allows me to have gained enough knowledge of the rare book and manuscript business to have multiple specialties.
I am thoroughly equipped as a specialist in:
- The Bible: all aspects of Biblical manuscripts from 200 BC to the Renaissance (and beyond in the Press editions; I have a particularly strong background in early Bibles in English from 1526 through 1611.
- Illuminated Manuscripts of the medieval and Renaissance periods;
- Ancient Writing: Mesopotamian and Egyptian;
- 19th Century Literature, especially Charles Dickens and other Victorian Novelists; mad writers of the "American Renaissance" e.g. Edgar Allan Poe and Herman Melville.
- Modern first editions of high monetary value, especially James Joyce, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and high spots of other authors.
- History of Economic and Political Theory.